Primary Job FunctionNew products
Responsible for all processes and production equipment and methods.
The successful candidate will be involved from support of development in concept stage throughout the entire life of the product ensuring that they meet the highest quality, are cost effective and have ease of manufacture.
Responsibilities / attributes.
1. Work with development as part of the project team to introduce new concepts successfully into production at the required rate, cost and quality standard
2. Give guidance to the Development department of our manufacturing capabilities such that we don't design things that we are not able to manufacture and ensure we develop products to get the maximum cost advantage.
3. Knowledge of modern CNC machining and turning centres would be advantage
4. Develop new manufacturing processes and capital projects in support of:
5. Continuously improve labour usage and product quality
6. Analyse test failures and improve right first time yield
7. Act on feedback from field failures and ensure improvements are implemented
8. Support existing products and business units, respond to production's quality, material, delivery and purchase requirements.
9. Team leader approach rather than team player.
10. Customer focussed in terms of cost, quality and delivery
11. Exposure to lean manufacturing philosophy - ability to demonstrate successes in this area.
Experience within Production Engineering related role.
Engineering qualification to Degree level is desirable.
Self-starting and able to work with little or no supervision.
Knowledge of the production methods and key processes used in contract manufacturing within assembly, CNC machining and surface finishing.